Friday, December 26, 2008

?

it's cold on top of me mountain,
they told me 'get on top' n see far,
well they had me goin far to be here,
n to think this is where Shangri La's to be.
on a plain i stood not many days ago,
built a home on a plateau for peace,
to be far a from human disease.

but walls around and maidens surrounded,
don't give the pleasures of heaven,whatever they maybe.
enchanted and entrapped by thoughts of generations past,
of a time of honour,valour,a time of excitement n undyin love,
when i could've died for a word or been killed by a gentler sword.
seekin heights n a fresher breeze,left me no choice but be infected,
first,of a disease they called curiosity n to find why mountains are a no no.


"Y are there no roses on top of this mountain?why is everythin so white n of hardened softness?"


in science and in peace,aren't them mountains our youngest sinners sir?
young and allurin forever to men is the deadliest of all sins i say,
to let no life n love grow and kill the sweetest of smiles.aye.
selfish and a cold stranger to visitors n to think,the lord,
built the heavens on top of the mountains of the east,
i'm gettin weary at last,the hunger has changed.
from that for heights n glory to that for sanity.

wells it too late for saner times now.
i'm on top n all alone,but this lonely tree gives,
a shade for two,n the only one friend i knew left me,
tryin to tie me to the ground and beggin for the rose in hand.
Tryin to b a man n brought up on lies on heights.
" look the flowers,oh look at 'em butterflies,
i see all,apples n peaches,the warm sun."


"al alone for me on my mountain top,
Damn the old folk who lied n died,
I ain't goin back home now"

No comments: